GetDP is an open source finite element solver using mixed elements to discretize de Rham-type complexes in one, two and three dimensions. GetDP is developed by the ACE group from the Montefiore Institute at the University of Liège, and is released under the GNU GPL.
ONELAB allows to use GetDP as a black-box solver: you don't need to know anything about finite elements or de Rham complexes in order to run your first simulations:
- Download the ONELAB bundle:
- Launch the app
- Open a GetDP model:
- Desktop version: go to the File/Open menu and select a GetDP .pro file, e.g. models/magnetometer/magnetometer.pro
- Mobile version: select one of the preloaded models
- Press Run.
These are basic physical templates, that can either be used interactively to define new problems from scratch, or be included in other problem definition files.
Featured physical models
These are complete, parametric application examples, ready to be solved and modified.
Advanced numerical techniques
How does it work?
GetDP input files (.pro files) can be instrumented to share parameters with the ONELAB server, through the same syntax as the one used in Gmsh.
Building GetDP from the source code
If you want to recompile GetDP directly from the source code, you should
- Download PETSc from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/download/ and uncompress the archive (in this example, using PETSc 3.7.4):
tar zxvf petsc-3.7.4.tar.gz
- Configure and build PETSc. The configuration options depend on the calculations you want to perform (complex- or real-valued), as well as your compiler setup. For a sequential build (without MPI), run (remove
--with-scalar-type=complexto build in real arithmetic):
cd petsc-3.7.4 export PETSC_DIR=$PWD export PETSC_ARCH=complex_mumps_seq ./configure --with-clanguage=cxx --with-debugging=0 --with-mpi=0 --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0 --download-mumps=yes --with-mumps-serial --with-shared-libraries=0 --with-x=0 --with-ssl=0 --with-scalar-type=complex make cd ..
- Download and unzip the Gmsh and the GetDP source code from the ONELAB bundle http://onelab.info/files/gmsh-getdp-source.zip
- Configure, compile and install a minimal Gmsh library (it will be used by GetDP):
cd gmsh-xxx mkdir lib cd lib cmake -DDEFAULT=0 -DENABLE_PARSER=1 -DENABLE_POST=1 -DENABLE_BUILD_LIB=1 .. make lib sudo make install/fast cd ../..
- Configure and compile GetDP:
cd getdp-xxx mkdir bin cd bin cmake .. make cd ../..
Instructions for building the parallel (MPI) version of GetDP are available here