help with GetDP needed

Samuel Kvasnica kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 1 13:54:33 CET 1999

> Your mistake was that you associated the HBF basis functions to the
> nodes, not to the edges...

Well, I'm really blind, I checked everything twice and didn't notice that. Now it works
perfectly, very smooth results. Thanks a lot.  Is there some reasonable short .pdf or .ps
document
covering overview of FEM and explanations of basis functions, integration methods etc. ?

> PS : is your problem truly 2D? Or is it axisymmetric? In the latter,
> your jacobian methods are not correct...

Yes, it's truly _axissymetric_. Seems like I forgot to replace Vol and VolSphShell by
VolAxi and VolAxiSphShell in jacobian. So it seems like I was computing  field of
6 infinite inducotors with infinite core. Now I replaced it. There's almost no difference
in
the form of the field but the results don't quantitatively correspond to my measurements !
The Br component should be 0.07T 17mm from axis at pole position (with 150 windings of
inductor with
7A current at each segment), which was in a strange way
true for Vol and VolSphShell. Now it is ~50 times less. Well, actually a factor of 16*pi.
It there something else to be changed except jacobian ?

Sam