Lost attachment

Samuel Kvasnica kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 7 13:24:24 CET 1999

Hi Christophe,

> BTW, you should use the symmetry to reduce the size of your problem by a
> factor 2...

Yes, right. But computation of magnetic field doesn't take long time. The only problem is
plama PIC simulation and there is implementing a mirror symetry not quite trivial. I'll have to
create a mirror object mirroring z component of particle velocities and modify weighting factor
for superparticles. This is usable of course only if my electric fields have the same symetry,
which is not completely true for my real problem. Well, I'll think about it. On the other hand,
having a symetrical magnetic field in simulation is a good test of simulation consistency. If
both sides are not similar, I immediately know something is wrong.

> (I didn't get the attached image)

That's strange, I'm sending it again, file 'zoom.gif'.

Mag.Samuel Kvasnica
IAEE TU-WIEN
Gusshausstrase 27-29 / 359   email: kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
1040 Wien                    tel:   +43-1-58801-35914
Austria                      fax:   +43-1-58801-35997