Questions about GetDP and Gmesh

Alejandro Angulo aacusm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 17:47:02 CET 2000

> Hi Alejandro,
>
> I'm afraid it'll be a bit difficult to answer to
> your question directly
> (By the way, I do not have any sofware to deal with
> autocad or dxf
> files). What do you mean exactly by "formulate 1D
> model in 2D problems"
> ?
>
> > ii)   GetDP -- How I can obtain AC-losses in the
> > postprocessing stage ?
>
> Isn't defining a quantity like 'rho[]*J[]^2' in the
> postprocesing field
> sufficient ? What kind of formulation do you use to
> solve your problem ?
>
> > iii)   Gmesh-- How I can mesh 1D geometries in 2D
> > geometries (see attach archive) ?
>
> The physical entity mechanism should provide you the
> flexibility to save
> both "2D" and "1D" elements for the same mesh,
> provided that adequate
> elementary geometrical entities are defined.
>
> > iv)  Gmesh-- Is possible that you send me some
> help
> > document of Gmesh ?
> >

> A new version is available at
> http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine/gmsh.html.
> No documentation is
> available, but the collection of example files
> should answer most of
> the questions. (Not that we don;t distribute the
> Windows version
> anymore).
>

> My best,
>
> --
> Christophe Geuzaine
>
> Tel: +32-(0)4-366.37.10
> mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
> Fax: +32-(0)4-366.29.10
> http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine/

Mr. Christophe:
               In my problem, I use a-v formulation
(similar to the demo File "MagDyn_av_2D.pro" that
appear in GetDP manual) and in this formulation
appears the post-quantity "roj2" (losses); but my main
problem is how I integrate this post-quantity and how
I see this result.
               With respect to your question : What do
you mean exactly by "formulate 1D model in 2D
problems" ?, this mean that I have elements 1D (like a
lines that represent a sheet wounds) in a 2D space
(like core and air in a transformer model).
Furthermore, all geometries are axissymetrical.

               Waiting that the explanation of my
problem help you to understand me.

                   Alejandro Angulo