cyl.axis

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Aug 16 20:25:51 CEST 2000

Samuel Kvasnica wrote:

> > If you just want a smooth solution on a curve (I suppose it is the one
> > on the symmetry axis), you can use gnuplot. I use it regularly to
> > present smoothed results (when I _know_ that due to the approximation
> > spaces my criterion on accuracy is fullfiled, and that the audience
> > really wants to see smooth curves...). Given a file 'test' containing my
> > data, I use something like
>
> Well, the problem is I want to smooth whole 2D data, not just a curve. I was looking at
> curves
> just to get an impression about the convergence and smoothness, but otherwise I use whole
> 512x512 data grid as a boundary condition to feed MonteCarlo-PIC simulation. Too big noise
> causes local electron heating. Is there also some filter for 2D data ?

No, I am not aware of such a package. But Mathematica and/or Matlab
should be able to do it (well, is there something thay cannot do?). As a
first try, why not producing 512 "OnLine" plot (each with 512 points),
and smooth the lines with Gnuplot? (between two adjacent lines, it
should't that bad...).

--
Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: +32-(0)4-366.37.10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be