Questions - Valparaíso - Chile

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Aug 27 20:49:22 CEST 2000

Alejandro Angulo wrote:

> I send ypu this e-mail to ask you a quite precise
> question about Gmesh:
> Some version of Gmesh exist for windows that it runs
> in background (as GetDP) and that it generates the
> file .MSH without having to open the file .GEO and
> without waiting thet it shows the triangulation in the
> screen?
> (The geometry whit which I work it's a little complex
> and Gmesh-win almost delays the same time in building
> the mesh that in showing this).

Hi Alejandro,

The problem is that I never use the Windows version of Gmsh. All Unix
versions have the ability to process the meshes without the GUI. If my
collegue kept a similar codebase for the Windows version, lauching Gmsh
with the command line option '-1', '-2' or '-3' should do the background
processing for 1D, 2D and 3D meshes... (Unfortunately, I don't have
access to a Windows machine to test this).

My best,

--
Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: +32-(0)4-366.37.10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be