[Getdp] Capacity, Inductivity of Transmission Lines

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Aug 23 09:38:23 CEST 2001

Cezary Sydlo wrote:

> Hello Christophe and users of getdp,
>
> I want to calculate the capacity and inductivity per unit length (2D) of
> (arbitrary) transmission lines.
> What would be the best solution with the lowest error to calculate this?
> And how to implement it in getdp? (Sorry, I am still fighting with the
> syntax)
> Thank you.

Unfortunately, we have no ready-to-use example file to send right now.
You should first write the finite element formulation you plan to use on
paper. If you still have problems to implement it with getdp, then you
may e-mail the whole desccription of your problem (i.e. the mathematical
weak formulation) and we may try to get it done in getdp. Though, I'm
quite busy at the moment finishing my PhD, so you should really
investigate by yourself as far as you can.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org
Fax: 32 (0) 4 366 29 10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be