[Getdp] Problem with description of magnetisation

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Oct 3 08:54:19 CEST 2001

Peter Fouquet wrote:

> Dear Christophe,
>
> thank you very much for the help.
> Following this, I immediately have three further questions:
>
> 1) How can I define hc[] as a vector quantity? I found only scalar
>    constants in the getdp documentation. Did I understand anything
>    wrong?

You can just write hc[] = Vector[1,2,3];

> 2) Is a loop of surfaces already a 'forbidden' geometry from a
>    topological point of view?

If you have no source current, don't worry about it.

> 3) Is it possible to print a function or constant in the
>    postprocessing (for checking purposes)?
>    When I tried this, the program complained, that it was no
>    discrete quantity...

Yes, this is a shortcoming: getdp allows to do a post-processing only
if a solution exists (even if the post-processing quantity does not
depend on it...). Here attached is a small example you can use together
with the fifth gmsh tutorial (t5.geo).

Christophe.

--
Christophe Geuzaine