[Getdp] PML formulation

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sat Feb 2 04:15:09 CET 2002

Lin Ji wrote:

> Hi, Christophe,
>     Is your PML formulation derived from the same technique firstly proposed
> by Jean-Pierre Berenger in his paper
>      A Perfectly Matched Layer for the Absorption of Electromagnetic Waves,
>          Journal of computational physics 114, 185-200 (1994) ?

Hi,

The method I explained is indeed derived from the original work by
Berenger. Here is the reference of a paper explaining this
reinterpretation in greater detail:

C.M. Rappaport, Interpreting and improving the PML absorbing boundary
condition using anisotropic lossy mapping of space, IEEE Transactions on
Magnetics, Volume: 32 Issue: 3 Part: 1, May 1996, Page(s): 968 -974.

If you don't have access to this publication, I can send you a copy if
you like.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu