[Getdp] Re: crash problem

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu Jun 27 17:08:30 CEST 2002

Gilles Quiminer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your rapid answers. I tried to remove the following option :
> "Options->General->Use display lists" and to run GetDP/Gmsh in
> interactive mode, but it gave exactly the same result as described in
> my previous mail.
> However, it works fine in batch mode!

What happens if you simply merge the post-processing files, one at a
time?

> This time I have a configuration which gives a real fatal error,
> I just changed some dimensions of the setup and some characteristic
> lengths. The corresponding files are  attached to this mail. Any clue?
> This was run on a labtop INSPIRON 8100 1.GHz, 512 Mo, in interactive
> and batch mode.
> Cheers,

> Error : 3 identical points in Qtest
> Fatal Error : Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)
>             : You have discovered a bug in Gmsh! You may report it
>             : by e-mail (together with any helpful data permitting to
>             : reproduce it) to <gmsh at geuz.org>

This is a known bug (you should consider using the new 2D isotropic
algorithm when generating very refined meshes). I don't think it has
anything to do with the problem you reported yesterday.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu