[Getdp] Thermal and mechanical problem

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 23 23:41:01 CEST 2003

Bruno Guigon wrote:
> Bonjour à tous,
>
> I read carefully the mailing list archive but I didn't find
> anything similar to the problem I would like to solve...
>
> Maybe someone is using getdp to solve the same kind of problem?
>
> I'm trying to solve a simple static 2D thermal - mechanical
> linked problem:

The static thermal problem is trivial: you can simply derive it from the
magnetostatic one. For a mechanical example, you might want to contact
Lin Ji <jil at rpi.edu>--we worked out a simple elastic example a while
ago. Please note that the mechanical stuff uses some operators not
defined in the reference manual and that will probably change in the
future (which is the reason we didn't post this on the mailing list).

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu