[Getdp] some warning message

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 4 08:04:34 CEST 2003

Lin Ji wrote:
> Dear Christophe,
>      I got the following warning message when I postprocess the solution
> to the elastic wave equation to generate the timetable data. Can you tell
> me what it means?

It's not a big deal: you're probably trying to evaluate a quantity
outside the mesh, or on an element whose dimension is smaller than the
dimension of the problem you're solving (e.g. on a surface element for a
3D problem). You'll just end up with 0 as the value at that evaluation
point.

Note that you can try to force the dimension in the search algorithm by
adding "Dimension 3" (in 3D), "Dimension 2" (in 2D), etc., to the
options of the PostOperation. This should eliminate the "false positives".

Cheers,

Christophe