[Getdp] Voltage Sourcing in Magnetodynamic problem

John M. Correa jcorrea at ubiobio.cl
Thu Apr 8 16:09:00 CEST 2004

Mr. Christoph Geuzaine
I need to know/confirm how to source the Magentodynamic Coil-Core problem (of
the Getdp User Manual).

The Function Space for the Magnetic Vector Potential and Gradient of Electric
Scalar Potential are the following:
---------

FunctionSpace {

  /* Magnetic vector potential a (2D) */
  { Name Hcurl_a_Mag_2D ; Type Form1P ;
    BasisFunction {
      { Name se ; NameOfCoef ae ; Function BF_PerpendicularEdge ;
        Support Domain_Mag ; Entity NodesOf[ All ] ; }
    }
    Constraint {
      { NameOfCoef ae ; EntityType NodesOf ;
        NameOfConstraint MagneticVectorPotential_2D ; }
    }
  }

  /* Gradient of Electric scalar potential (2D) */
  { Name Hregion_u_Mag_2D ; Type Form1P ;
    BasisFunction {
      { Name sr ; NameOfCoef ur ; Function BF_RegionZ ;
        Support DomainC_Mag ; Entity DomainC_Mag ; }
    }
    GlobalQuantity {
      { Name U ; Type AliasOf        ; NameOfCoef ur ; }
      { Name I ; Type AssociatedWith ; NameOfCoef ur ; }
    }
    Constraint {
      { NameOfCoef U ; EntityType Region ; NameOfConstraint Voltage_2D ;
}
      { NameOfCoef I ; EntityType Region ; NameOfConstraint Current_2D ;
}
    }
  }

I need to know if in case of 2D problems the coil (Massive)  is fed by global
voltage by simply setting de Voltage_2D constraint to some value?. In case of
current fed inductor, the same procedure of setting the constraint Current_2D
is sufficient to correctly define the problem. Am I OK??.

Thanks in advance
JOHN CORREA
Universidad del Biobio
Concepcion. Chile.