[Getdp] Q: Lanczos error

スズキ ohyeahq at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Jun 28 02:29:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm new to getdp (on Windows).  I tried to solve a
simple eigenvalue problem using lanczos, and got an
error: "Lanczos algorithm not available with the GSL".
Questions:

(1) I took a look at the source code and found that
lanczos routines are intentionally disabled when
HAVE_GSL is defined.  Why is that?

(2) Is there a way to solve eigenvalue problems,
either by enabling lanczos, or by using another
algorithm?

(3) I found a simple wave equation example in the
mailing-list archive, in which the formulation is
in time domain and resolution contains lanczos.  Does
it mean that specifying lanczos automatically convert
time-FEM into frequency domain, so I don't have to
rewrite FEM manually for lanczos?  The example goes
like this:

Formulation {
  { Name Wave; Type FemEquation;
    Quantity {
      { Name u; Type Local; NameOfSpace Hgrad; }
    }
    Equation {
      Galerkin { DtDt [ 1/c[] * Dof{u} , {u} ];
                 In Omega; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;
}

      Galerkin { [ c[] * Dof{d u} , {d u} ];
                 In Omega; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;
}

      Galerkin {  [ - dfdt[] , {u} ];
                 In Gamma_f; Integration I1; Jacobian
JSur;  }