[Getdp] LinearElasticity2D-how to apply a force field?

Paolo Guglielmi paolo.guglielmi at polito.it
Wed Oct 27 14:14:28 CEST 2004

Dear Christophe,

	Thanks for the prompt answer.

But things does not work as we expected, i.e. over a ring shaped disk
the displacement are not symmetrical.

Most probably the problem is in the formulation itself. I think that
the centrifugal force field should be proportional to the area of
each single triangle and applied in the direction:

f = Vector (x , y, 0)

in fact if I change the mesh the solution strongly changes.

I am supposing that the correct force vector to be applied to each
element should be given by an integration of the force

F[Slab] = Vector[k*X[], k*Y[], 0]

over the domain itself.

So I try to define a Integral Quantity in the formulation as :

{ Name A; Type Integral; NameOfSpace H_u_Mec2D;
	  [F[]]; In Domain_Force; Jacobian Vol; Integration GradGrad }

It does not work (error of memory reference); probably because I cannot
adopt an integral quantity this way:

Galerkin { [-{A},{u}];
		In Domain_Force; Jacobian Vol; Intagration GradGrad;}

What can we try?

Notes:

- If I calculate the integral the same way described above in the post
processing (but not in the formulation) I can see the vector assigned
to each element be proportonal to the element area.

- Can we use the "A" as a result of a first solution, build a
space of forces, assign the "A" values as constraints to each
element, and than solve the problem again? ( use two different
problems?)

- Adopt "A" as Global Quantity? How?

At last I want to thak you for sharing this really nice program with all
of us.

Regards,

Paolo

--