[Getdp] implementation information on GetDP

Dennis Calluy dennis.calluy at telenet.be
Fri Dec 9 15:28:37 CET 2005

Dear,

First of all, I want to thank you for releasing such a greet freeware
program. I have been experimenting with gmsh/GetDP and their capabilities
are really amazing.

I am in my last year civil engineering at the university of Brussels (VUB).
My thesis is about implementing a numerical problem in existing software
code (C++) and thus integrating a problem in an existing program. The
problem is the calculation of the magnatostatic 3D problem, a-formulation,
using edge elements. I find the GetDP approach really inspiring. Seeking for
information, I have found that there are two publications on GetDP in the
IEEE Transactions on Magnetics by Dular, Geuzaine. Is it possible to obtain
those papers because the source code of GetDP is a bit overwhelming to me to
learn more about the implementation. Moreover, the existing program I have
to use is built upon a total different approach.

Thanks in advance

Dennis Calluy

Student 2.2WE/TT

Vrije Universiteit Brussel.