[Getdp] Magnetodynamic 3D

Gilles Grégoire schaouette at free.fr
Mon Dec 19 21:05:43 CET 2005

Le Lundi 19 Décembre 2005 18:28, Benoit Bidoggia a écrit :
> Dear mailing list,
>
> I'm a newbie: I need to solve a magnetodynamic problem
> to understand the current distribution in the coils of a
> planar transformer and I should derivate the value of
> the short-circuit impedance (L and R); I include the
> very beginning of the geometry. The coil has strange
> boundaries (in this case is quite simple, but there are
> other more complicated cases).
>
> Could somebody help me? Where should I start from
> to hope to solve this kind of problem?
The first thing to do to is to write precisely the problem you need to solve
(with all the underlying assumption), because GetDP is based upon the
mathematical formulation of the problem. I.E. mathematical entities are
numerical objects.

> For deriving L and R I need to integrate the magnetic
> energy on all the domains and to calculate the totale
> resistive power losses.
You will have to define this in  "PostProcessing".

> Thank you very much,
See also the examples provided there:
	- GetDP's documentation: http://geuz.org/getdp/
	- GetDP's wiki: http://geuz.org/getdp/wiki/FrontPage