[Getdp] Variables acces between gmsh and getdp

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Tue Dec 20 15:55:09 CET 2005

Gilles Grégoire wrote:
> Le Mardi 20 Décembre 2005 12:31, Arkadiusz Wasylkow a écrit :
>> Hi
>> 	I'm getting a bit dizzy, the best place for post calculation should
>> be .pro file or gmsh script file ?

That's a question of preference. (The only time you cannot integrate in
getdp is when you need to integrate on a domain that is not in the
support of the basis functions used in the integrand.)

> I would like to use Integrate plugin and
>> do some caluclations
>> n integrals and display value together with vector views. But for
>> calculation I also need some defined constants and variables from geometry
>> and .pro file.
>> What is possible:
>> - get variables from .geo and use them in .pro ?
>> - get variables from .pro and use them in post processing ?
>> - combine geometry file with post procesing (and run getdp at once ) ?
> Did you try to define the values needed by both GetDP and Gmsh in a separate
> file, for example parameter.dat ?
> This will allow you to access these values within GetDP and Gmsh by including
> this file into both your .pro and .geo files (Include "parameter.dat").

I think Gilles is right: using "Include" is the way to go.

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University, Mathematics