[Getdp] Post Operation - use of elements sizes in calculations

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Tue Jan 17 15:19:58 CET 2006

Arkadiusz Wasylkow wrote:
> Dear Group
>
>         Using modified Elasticity example I get a displacement vectors.
> Now I would like to compute kinetic energy of all moving elements, thus
> use a square displacement (as velocity) and  multiply it with mass of
> element. Because I modelling thin membrane I use 2D mesh, and now I
> would like to calculate mass of each mesh element by multiplying it's
> surface with globally set thickness and density. Also If could be

You could use ElementVol[] to get the surface of each 2D element (or the
length of 1D elements and the volume of 3D elements).

> possible to make the displacement vectors related to the greatest vector
> in region ( normalisation as max=1).

One way to do this would be to compute the maximum in a post-operation
(e.g. using the ternary operator "?:") and store it in a register
("Store 1"). Then use that stored value in the next post-operation
("#1") to do the normalization.