[Getdp] Integration of complex field over one period (computation of time averaged Lorentz force) ?

Thomas Jung Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Tue Apr 11 16:52:41 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I finally managed to get a 3D magnetodynamics problem running and giving
verified results.

Thanks for this prog !

Now I would like to compute a resulting time-averaged Lorentz force.
I have a complex magnetic induction B, a complex induced current j,
and want to compute the Lorentz force F = 1/T* int( j x B dt), i.e. the
average of the cross product over 1 period.
I was wondering whether there is maybe some functionality to do that for me ?

Or do I have to go the hard way, get all the phases of both fields, for all
directions, and integrate myself ?

Thanks for any hint !

Thomas Jung