[Getdp] Re-4: two disjoined bodies / disjunct

m.fenner at omicron.de m.fenner at omicron.de
Wed Apr 12 09:58:16 CEST 2006

Dear Matt,

after taking a first glance at the files:

Could it be that getDP (or FEM in general) has solutions only on a connected Domain? It needs not to be simply connected in a "mathematical sense" - at least for heat conduction problems - as I have tried on geometries including holes.

Your geometry consists of only two regions which are disjoint sets of points. I browsed Christophe's thesis for connected domains. In section 1.2 he summarizes the assumptions. I am not sure though if this paragraph definitely excludes not connected domains. What do you think?

Best regards

Matthias

Omicron
NanoTechnology GmbH