[Getdp] Pyramids not working ?

Thomas Jung Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 28 09:51:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using a 3D a-v-formulation, up to now I used only tetrahedrons, and
everything was fine.
I have a different grid now, containing also hexahedrons and pyramids, and get
the message:

P r e - P r o c e s s i n g . . .
Operation : Treatment Formulation 'MagnetoDynamics_a_3D'
Info      :   Generate ExtendedGroup '_CO_Entity_14' (EdgesOf)
Info      :   Generate ExtendedGroup '_CO_Entity_15' (EdgesOfTreeIn)
Info      :   Generate ExtendedGroup '_CO_Entity_11' (NodesOf)
Info      :   Generate ExtendedGroup '_CO_Entity_12' (NodesOf)
Resources : cpu 2.02813 s
E n d   P r e - P r o c e s s i n g
P r o c e s s i n g . . .
Operation : Generate[A2]
Solver    : Loading parameter file 'solver.par'
Info      : Setting System {A,b} to zero
Error     : Unkown type of Element in BF_CurlEdge

Here are the Integration, Functionspace, and formulation:

Integration {
    { Name CurlCurl ;
    Case { {Type Gauss ;
    Case { { GeoElement Triangle    ; NumberOfPoints  4 ; }
    { GeoElement Quadrangle  ; NumberOfPoints  4 ; }
    { GeoElement Tetrahedron ; NumberOfPoints  4 ; }
    { GeoElement Hexahedron  ; NumberOfPoints  6 ; }
    { GeoElement Prism       ; NumberOfPoints  9 ; }
    { GeoElement Pyramid     ; NumberOfPoints  8 ; } }
    }
    }
}
}

FunctionSpace {
  { Name v_Ele; Type Form0;
    BasisFunction {
      { Name sn; NameOfCoef vn; Function BF_Node;
        Support DomainC_Mag; Entity NodesOf[ All ]; }
    }
    Constraint {
      { NameOfCoef vn; EntityType NodesOf;
        NameOfConstraint ElectricScalarPotential; }
    }
  }

  // Magnetic vector potential a (b = curl a)
  { Name Hcurl_a_Mag_3D; Type Form1;
    BasisFunction {
	{ Name se; NameOfCoef ae; Function BF_Edge;
        Support Domain_Mag; Entity EdgesOf[ All ]; }
    }
    Constraint {
	{ NameOfCoef ae; EntityType EdgesOf;NameOfConstraint a; }
	{ NameOfCoef ae; EntityType EdgesOfTreeIn; EntitySubType StartingOn;
NameOfConstraint Gauge; }
    }
  }

}

Formulation {

  { Name MagnetoDynamics_a_3D; Type FemEquation;
    Quantity {
      { Name a ; Type Local; NameOfSpace Hcurl_a_Mag_3D; }
      { Name v; Type Local; NameOfSpace v_Ele; }
    }
    Equation {
	Galerkin { [ nu[] * Dof{d a} , {d a} ]; In Domain_Mag; Jacobian Vol;
Integration CurlCurl; }

	Galerkin { DtDof [ sigma[] * Dof{a} , {a} ]; In DomainC_Mag; Jacobian Vol;
Integration CurlCurl; }

	Galerkin { [ sigma[] * Dof{d v} , {a} ]; In DomainC_Mag; Jacobian Vol;
Integration CurlCurl; }

	Galerkin { DtDof [ sigma[] * Dof{a} , {d v} ]; In DomainC_Mag;	Jacobian Vol;
Integration CurlCurl; }

	Galerkin { [ sigma[] * Dof{d v} , {d v} ]; In DomainC_Mag; Jacobian Vol;
Integration CurlCurl; }

    }
  }

}