[Getdp] Surface charge/ normal electric field strength

Kubicek Bernhard Bernhard.Kubicek at arsenal.ac.at
Mon Oct 30 09:05:00 CET 2006

Hello!
I tested once again with my windows machine, GetDP 1.2.1, and it seems to work here.
However, I have to admit that on the workinghorse linux machine, there is a small glitch:
If I pipe all output to a file (shell=bash, getdpsk is my self-compiled binary of the cvs version iirc):
>getdpsk platehole.pro -pre all -cal -pos all &> out.txt
>cat out.txt
the values are in the back of the output:
---------
Operation : PostOperation 3/6
          > 'ne.pos'
Operation : PostOperation 4/6
Operation : PostOperation 5/6
Operation : PostOperation 6/6
Resources : cpu 0.292018 s
E n d   P o s t - P r o c e s s i n g
E n d
0  2.279748153101153e-09 -2.279748153101149e-09
0  100 0
0  2.279748153101153e-11 -inf
----------
Also, a while ago, while using binary mode (-bin), the screen output of simmilar numbers was _also_ binary. This tended to fill the screen with funny, but not quite helpfull ascii characters. I don't remember, but it could have occured with an older version, however it for sure was a windows machine.

So anyway, what you could try, apart from testing with a different GetDP version, is the following:
---
        Print[Q, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table, File "q.pos"];
        Print[V, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table, File "v.pos"];
        Print[C, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table, File "c.pos"];
---
or
---
        Print[Q, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table, File "dis.pos"];
        Print[V, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table, File >"dis.pos"];
        Print[C, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table, File >"dis.pos"];
---
then by using "cat filename.pos" (linux) or "type filename.pos" (windows) you hopefully will get the following three lines:
--
0  2.279748153101153e-09 -2.279748153101149e-09
0  100 0
0  2.279748153101153e-11 -inf
--

nice greetings from Vienna, and good luck,
bernhard