[Getdp] plane wave scattering by a sphere

laurent bernard ldbernard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 13:53:15 CET 2006

Hi,

I am back with my scattering problem.
Setting the Dropping_Tolerance to some small values, I obtained convergence
for lower (but still high) values of Nb_fill.
The results are good using second order elements on a finer mesh (see
attached pdf), but spending almost 1GB of RAM and 1 hour.
I don't manage to obtain convergence for other values of the parameter Freq
of my .pro files (for example, Freq = 1e7 instead of 1e8).

So I am still interested in any advice which could make the resolution
easier.

Thanks,

Laurent Bernard

PS: the .geo .par and .pro files are attached, here are the corresponding
processing messages:

P r o c e s s i n g . . .
Operation : Generate[A]
Solver    : Loading parameter file
'/home/lbernard/getdp/sphere_homo/solver.par'
Info      : Setting System {A,b} to zero
Resources : cpu 14.5586 s
Operation : Solve[A]
Solver    : No scaling of system of equations
Solver    : RCMK algebraic renumbering
Solver    : N: 62588, NZ: 2629288, BW max/avg: 112/42, SW max: 62315
Resources : cpu 16.8311 s
Solver    : ILUTP (Float, fill-in = 1500)
Solver    : N: 62588, NZ: 96125406, BW max/avg: 3000/1535, SW max: 10681
Resources : cpu 3432.68 s
Solver    : Generalized Minimum RESidual (GMRES)
    1  2.4992055e+02  1.0000000e+00
    2  ...

   34  1.4337349e-08  5.7367627e-11
Solver    : 34 Iterations / Residual: 1.43364e-08
Resources : cpu 3544.23 s
Operation : SaveSolution[A]
Resources : cpu 3544.41 s
E n d   P r o c e s s i n g