[Getdp] Formulation

Tammo Heeren getdp at tammoheeren.com
Wed Jan 10 17:49:56 CET 2007

So,
- if we have scalars ( I assume given by 'Type Form0' in the
FunctionSpace definition, '{d scalar}' would results in 'grad scalar'.
- 'Dof' indicates the unkown parameter (space)

Where is the 'div' operation indicated?
What does the second {d v} mean?

Tammo

-----------------------

The expression
Galerkin { [ epsr[]*Dof{d v} , {d v} ] ; In Vol; Jacobian Vol ;
Integration Int ; } Is a way to describe the Galerkin formulation of
the problem. It is the variationnal formulation of the problem using
Galerkin's assumption. You can see for example section Variationnal
Formulation there:
http://www.geuz.org/getdp/wiki/WaveEquationPml     (username:getp
password:wiki)

The expression Dof{athing} means that athing is the unknown parameter
(Dof: Degree Of Freedom)

The sign d is the Exterior derivative: applied to a p-form, gives a
(p+1)-form. This means that applied to a scalar, d is the gradient.