[Getdp] WaveEquationPml

Kubicek Bernhard Bernhard.Kubicek at arsenal.ac.at
Thu Jan 11 09:30:37 CET 2007

There is even the tex source in the "alt=" declaration, so while using our all favorite text-mode browser lynx, it is somehow readable. "Screenshot" :)

> lynx -auth=getdp:wiki http://www.geuz.org/getdp/wiki/WaveEquationPml
> we have the PML form of the wave equation.
>
>   $$ \nabla \cdot (A \vec{\nabla} \varphi) - \eta \rho \chi \frac{\partial^2 \varphi}{\partial t^2}
>   = 0 $$
>
>   The damping profile d is empirical, and chosen here as:
>
>   $$ d(s) = \frac{3c}{2 \delta} \ln \left(\frac{1}{R}\right) \left(\frac{s}{\delta}\right)^2, $$
>
>   where $c$ is the sound speed, $\delta$ the PML layer thickness, $R$ the theoritical reflection
>   coefficient after discretization, and $s$ is the normal coordinate with the origin chosen at the
>   beginning of the PML layer.

However, I just fired up IE (6.0, WindowsXP) for the first time in one year, and right, it _still_ has problems with displaying transparent png files. Incredible.
A (unnelegant) workaround would be to make the png's being rendered opaque, but one should not be spending time fixing bugs of old browsers.

nice greetings,
 Bernhard