[Getdp] failed to run getdp from within gmsh v 2.0

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Fri Mar 2 17:56:13 CET 2007

Pei-Ying Hsieh wrote:

> Hi, Dave,
>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I just tried two things:
>
> 1. on a new computer with no firewall.  Same problem with gmsh 2.

I did the same thing on a "new" computer with fresh downloaded versions of gmsh-2 and getdp , and it worked fine ! (I just copied getdp.exe in the gmsh-2 directory and it worked right out of the box, no need to choose the correct getdp in the options menu)

> 2. on the same laptop, gmsh 1.65 is able to run GetDP, while gmsh 2
> failed.  Under the windows firewall section, I added gmsh.exe and
> getdp.exe into the list so that they are allowed by firewall.
>
> Is there anything else that I can try to resolve this problem or find
> the root cause?

Not that I am aware of, sorry ...

Cheers,

Dave