[Getdp] ... Formulation question ...

Olivier Castany castany at quatramaran.ens.fr
Sun Mar 4 21:37:55 CET 2007

Hello,

now that you give a more precise desciption of your problem, I
understand that you want to solve a dynamic equation.

I can only be of little help since I do not understand the part b) of
the algorithm you want to program.

I can just say that it is possible to program the equation :

> a) d/dt(Phi) + Spd*Norm(Grad(Phi)) = 0

the formulation would be :

Galerkin { Dt [ Dof{Phi} , {Phi} ] ; ... }
Galerkin { [ Spd[] * Norm[{d Phi}]  , {Phi} ] ; ... }

and the resolution with "TimeLoopTheta" will be an explicit Euler
algorithm.

As I don't really understand your algorithm with b), I can't say if it
is possible to do it with GetDP. My feeling is that it is not currently
possible without modifying the program.

Regards,

O.C.

PS : if you manage to do something nice with the level set equations,
maybe you can post it later or put it on the wiki ?