[Getdp] Periodic Boundary Conditions

Lars Rindorf lhr at com.dtu.dk
Wed Feb 6 16:46:18 CET 2008

Dear Raymond

A simple model is always the best. I don't understand your physics well. That was I was trying to say.

Do you know about the coefficient in the constraint?  It specifies a real number, say c,  such that u(left) = c*u(right), where 'u' is your function and 'left' and 'right' indicate the left and right boundaries. In the model I sent you I changed it to -0.5 (for no apparent reason). I think you want it to be 1 such that the solutions are symmetric around the y-axis. Is this correctly understood?

Kind regards
Lars