[Getdp] Output file format

Stefano Suman stefano.suman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 03:13:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use getDP as an electrostatic solver, coupled with a C code.
The C code is the main driver, and has memory allocated for both Nodes and
Elements, with the ordering given in the .msh file.

I've looked through all output file formats but it seems there's noone that
is useful for my code. All I need is just a list of NODES ID (that is,
node#1, node#2, etc...), with the ids corresponding to the ones in the .msh
file, and the Electric and Magnetic field solution.

Example:

if in the .msh file there's:
$Nodes (ID x y z)
1 1 1 1
2 1 0 0
3 1 0 1
.....(etc)

I would like that in output getdp gives: (ID Bx By Bz)
1 2.34231 5.36525 7.42344
2 3.34231 3.32525 5.44364
3 5.34231 1.32625 3.42644

So, a list of node IDS in the same order of the .msh file, with the three
components of the magnetic field (or electric field) computed in that point.
Is this possible?

Kind regards

Stefano