[Getdp] ... non-linear iteration convergence ...

Matt Koch mattkoch at scitex.us
Tue Sep 29 00:59:54 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I have made some progress on my radiative heat exchange problem from a
long time ago. This is true radiative heat exchange with configuration
factors, not just a simple T^4 boundary condition. However, I am facing
convergence problems in my non-linear iteration and have to go to
relaxation factors as small as 0.01 and smaller in order to make things
move, and even then it often fails to converge. Does anyone have any
advice on such an issue? Are there other approaches to solving a
non-linear problem in GetDP, i.e. other than "IterativeLoop[ItnCnt,
ItnErr, ItnRlx]"? For example, I stumbled across a JacNL notation
somewhere, but have no idea how to set this up?Any thoughts would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Koch, Ph.D., P.E.
Science & Technology Consultants (SciTeX)
www.scitex.us
mattkoch at scitex.us
(830)-249-9499 (o)
(830)-446-1839 (c)