[Getdp] Newton Raphson method with a time dependent problem

michael.asam at infineon.com michael.asam at infineon.com
Mon Jul 19 15:32:55 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I want to simulate a nonlinear time-dependent thermal problem with the Newton-Raphson method. But I have difficulties with the syntax when I want to set up the "JacNL" statement with the "DtDof" part.
This is the heat equation for the Picard method:

      Galerkin { [ lambda[{T}] * Dof{d T} , {d T} ];  In Vol_The; Integration I1; Jacobian Jac;  }      // The set up of JacNL for this line is clear.
      Galerkin { DtDof [ rho[] * c[{T}] * Dof{T} , {T} ]; In Vol_The; Integration I1; Jacobian Jac;  }  // But how to set up the JacNL for this part??
      Galerkin { [ -Flux[] , {T} ]; In Sur_The; Integration I1; Jacobian Jac;  }                        //  for incoming heat flux

Can anyone help me to set up the equations for the Newton-Raphson method?
Maybe someone has another time dependent Newton-Raphson simulation (not necessarily thermal).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,
Michael Asam