[Getdp] Problems with time loop

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Oct 21 08:29:15 CEST 2010

On 20/10/10 15:41, Raphael Lamon wrote:
> Dear Mr. Dular and Mr. Geuzaine,
>
> I've been trying for a long time to get a solution to the time-dependent
> wave equation with dissipation. I've managed to solve the static case
> but the solution to the dynamic case keeps changing between the initial
> state and zero everywhere. Therefore I think that it is more of a
> problem caused by TimeLoopTheta. I kindly ask for your help because I've
> gone through the manual, the tutorial and every examples without
> figuring out why it keeps blinking.

Hi Raphael - If you write your time-dependent wave equation using a
second order time derivative you cannot use TimeLoopTheta. You can use
TimeLoopNewmark instead. (For TimeLoopTheta you should write the system
as coupled first-order equations instead).

There's a complete example with dissipation here:
https://geuz.org/trac/getdp/wiki/MicroWaveElectricField (login: getdp,
passwd: getdp)