[Getdp] Implementing a lumped element circuit in an electrical simulation

Michael Asam Michael.Asam at gmx.de
Tue Dec 7 11:03:29 CET 2010

Hi Ruth,

I'm trying to learn how to implement lumped element circuits in an
electrical simulation.  Therefore I created a quite easy problem with two
separated conducting cubes. At the top of cube 1 a constant current is
applied. The bottom of cube 1 should be connected to the top of cube 2 with
a lumped resistor. And finally the bottom of cube 2 is kept at 0V via a
boundary condition.
Unfortunately I do not completely understand how to connect the nodes of a
circuit (in my case just one lumped R) to the surfaces of the FEM-model.

It would be great, if you could take a look at my attached file and tell me
how to do it right.

Many, many thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards
Michael Asam