[Getdp] Adaptive time stepping / IterativeTimeReduction

michael.asam at infineon.com michael.asam at infineon.com
Fri Jul 8 11:03:15 CEST 2011

Dear GetDP-developers!

I intended to program an adaptive time step algorithm by an external python script
which modifies each time the .pro-file (there is just one single time step in it) and starts GetDP
with the -restart option for each time step.
Now I looked a bit into the source-code and I found the function IterativeTimeReduction.
Is this function intended for adaptive time step-size control or is it for some other purpose?
Could you give me please some hints or a small example how to use it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Michael