[Getdp] Constraints for higher order elements

Branislav Radjenovic bradjeno at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Nov 16 12:48:10 CET 2011

Dear Christophe,
  I am trying to perform some eigenfrequency calculations of the simple
cube (PEC boundaries) using the second order
edge elements. Here ia the part of the pro file describing function
space (and Constraints).

/*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

Group {
	Air = Region[100001];
	Cube = Region[{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}];
	TotCompDomain = Region[{Air, Cube}];
}

Constraint {
	     {Name BoundaryField1; Type Assign;
     		Case {
       		       {Region Cube; Value 0.;}
		         }
	     }
}

Constraint {
	     {Name BoundaryField2; Type Assign;
     		Case {
       		       {Region Cube; Value 0.;}
		         }
	     }
}

FunctionSpace {
   { Name E_3D ; Type Form1 ;
     BasisFunction {
       { Name se ; NameOfCoef ve ; Function BF_Edge ;
         Support TotCompDomain; Entity EdgesOf[ All ] ; }
       { Name se1 ; NameOfCoef ve1 ; Function BF_Edge_2E ;
         Support TotCompDomain; Entity EdgesOf[ All ] ; }
/*      { Name se2 ; NameOfCoef ve2 ; Function BF_Edge_3F_a ;
         Support TotCompDomain; Entity FacetsOf[ All ] ; }
       { Name se3 ; NameOfCoef ve3 ; Function BF_Edge_3F_b ;
         Support TotCompDomain; Entity FacetsOf[ All ] ; }*/
     }
		Constraint{{NameOfCoef ve;  EntityType EdgesOf; NameOfConstraint
BoundaryField1;}}
		Constraint{{NameOfCoef ve1; EntityType EdgesOf; NameOfConstraint
BoundaryField1;}}
//		Constraint{{NameOfCoef ve2; EntityType FacetsOf; NameOfConstraint
BoundaryField2;}}
//		Constraint{{NameOfCoef ve3; EntityType FacetsOf; NameOfConstraint
BoundaryField2;}}
     }
}

Formulation {
   { Name E_3D1 ; Type FemEquation ;
     Quantity {
       { Name e ; Type Local ; NameOfSpace E_3D ; }
     }
     Equation {
        Galerkin { [ (1. / nu0) * Dof{d e} , {d e} ] ;
                   In  Air; Jacobian JacobianVol ; Integration I1 ; }
        Galerkin { DtDt [ eps0 * Dof{e} , {e}];
                   In Air; Jacobian JacobianVol ; Integration I1 ; }
     }
   }
}

Resolution {
   { Name Eigen_E_3D ;
     System {
       { Name E_3D2; NameOfFormulation E_3D1; Type ComplexValue; }
     }
     Operation {
       GenerateSeparate[E_3D2];
       EigenSolve[E_3D2, 5, 16., 0];
     }
   }
}

It is not clear to me how to define Constraints for BF_Edge_2E and
BF_Edge_3F_a,b,c elements.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Branislav Radjenovic