[Getdp] problems restarting using ReadSolution

Jung Thomas Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jan 11 11:43:48 CET 2012

Hello,

I am trying to use a previous solution as inital guess for a second solution.

Using a resolution like this one:

Operation {
   ReadSolution[A];Generate[A];SaveSolution[A];
}

and passing the previous result via the -res command line option, I see that I successfully loaded the old solution.
However, adding a "Solve[A]" after Generate[A], I see that the initial solution is being set back to 0, my previously loaded result is being thrown away.

Is there perhaps a way to have a Solve without re-initialization of DoF's?

Thank you!

Thomas Jung
Fraunhofer-Institut IISB
D-91058 Erlangen