[Getdp] Visualize the already computed time-steps while overall computation is still going on

meyer at itwm.fraunhofer.de meyer at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Tue May 29 15:19:36 CEST 2012

Hello again :)

I am using the following to visualize the results during computation:

Resolution {
 { Name litt_vis3D ;
   System {
    { Name A ; NameOfFormulation litt ; }
   }
   Operation {
    InitSolution[A];
    TimeLoopTheta[tmin, tmax, dt, 1] {
      Generate[A]; Solve[A]; SaveSolution[A];
      PostOperation[print_3D];
    }
   }
 }
}

PostOperation {
 { Name print_3D; NameOfPostProcessing litt_pos;
 Operation {
  Print [ T, OnElementsOf Domain, File "T.pos", LastTimeStepOnly ];
  }
 }
}

And what I get is a new View[i] i=0,1,... for every time step. But I need
to clip (or plugin CutPlane) the views to see what's going on. Is it
possible to automatically merge all the time steps into one view? Or
alternatively to automatically clip the new views and delete the old ones?

Thank you for your help,
Max Meyer (ITWM)