[Getdp] Questions about features of getdp

Christophe Ortiz christophe.ortiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:02:34 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I am researcher in diffusion processes in materials under irradiation. In
general I use and develop my own home-made codes but it is time consuming.
Recently I discovered getdp and I think it could help me a lot in my
research and save me a lot of time. However, before I start using it, I
have several general questions about its features:

1) Let's imagine I have a 1D diffusion equation with a
generation-recombination term:
@C/@t = D@^2C/@x^2 + GR(x)

Actually, the GR(x) term is the result of a lot of calculations that
require a dedicated solver.
Question: Is it possible to develop a separate module where I could write
my own solver to calculate GR(x) and pass the result to the main module
that solves the diffusion equation with getdp ?

2) Same equation but now let's assume that in fact GR(x) term is the
results of processes that take place in a totally different space or scale
than x.
Question: Would it be possible to solve on one hand the main diffusion
equation in x, and on the other hand, solve the processes that are behind
the GR term on a different and decoupled space, y say ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !
Xtof

Por favor, piense en el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este mensaje.