[Getdp] divergence in post-processing

michael.asam at infineon.com michael.asam at infineon.com
Wed Nov 13 07:32:39 CET 2013

Hi Andre,

for the postprocessing itself I suppose there is no possibility to
take two times the derivative (Div-Grad). But there are at least two other
solutions:
You can calculate the divergence in a separate resolution (this could
be time consuming for large problems) or you can calculate the divergence
in Gmsh via the plugin Divergence (menu Tools->Plugins).
Please be aware that in order to calculate two time the derivative
you need at least 2nd order basisfunctions for v.

Best regards,
Michael