[Getdp] axisymmetric problem: Error : Null determinant in 'ChangeOfCoord_Form2P'

Frederic Trillaud ftrillaudp at pumas.ii.unam.mx
Sat Aug 8 22:43:05 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I am running into an old problem since I have found some threads about
back to 2001. I am computing an axisymmetric magnetic problem using
second order elements with Triangle2 and Quadrangle2. All goes fine
until I try to compute the curl of the potential vector in the
postprocessing, I get:

Error   : Null determinant in 'ChangeOfCoord_Form2P'

I should add that I do not have this problem for linear elements.

Is it still a fix to be added? or am I doing something wrong?

 {// Dimension xD for axisymmetry
  Name axiJacobianNDRegion;
  Case
  {
   {
    Region infiniteBoundaryRegion;
    Jacobian VolAxiSquSphShell{0.95*infiniteBoundaryInnerRadius,
1.05*infiniteBoundaryOuterRadius};
   }
   {
    Region All;
    Jacobian VolAxiSqu;
   }
  }
 }

{Name moduleOfMagneticFluxDensity; Value{Local{[Norm[{Curl A}]]; In
electromagneticSolutionDomain; Jacobian axiJacobianNDRegion;}}}

Best,

Frederic