[Getdp] Machines Tutorial 3 kW Motor Modification issue

Mikail Ansari ansarimikail at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 04:06:02 CET 2015

Good day

I am having an issue with modifying the 3 kW Induction Motor Rotor in the Machines example.

Making most parameter modifications seems fine, such as shaft, inner and outer rotor radii.

I seem to be getting a moving band error, number of elements not matching.

The issue appears to be in Time domain mode when I modify the rotor bar parameters.

The h2, Rsl, and the coordinates Points dp+6, and Points dp+8 on the moving band, adjusting the characteristic lengths on both the Stator and Rotor.

It appears to run initially but it seems to have an error, a quarter way through the simulation.

I am not sure if there are, specific techniques to specifying the moving band characteristic lengths so that the meshing always matches?  An air-gap dependent factor?

Kind Regards

Mikail