[Getdp] Eddy_Currents_PM

Nicola Chiodetto nicola.chiodetto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:20:02 CET 2016

Dear GetDP users and experts,

I would like to implement an integro differential equation in GetDP. In
particular I am considering a time-domain simulation 2D FEM. I am studying
Eddy currents in Permanent magnet. As it is known in order to fulfill the
physics of the situation it should be forced to have a zero current over
the cross section area of the magnet. As a consequence, considering the PM
as a massive conductor I should implement an integro-differential equation.
The equation can be found as the number (4) in the following paper :
"Permanent Magnets Models and Losses in 2D FEM Simulation of Electrical
Machines" A.Arkkio, A.Belhancen ICEM 2010, Rome.

The problem is including the space integral of the Vector Potential time
derivative (multiplied by the pm conductivity) within the Galerkin
formulation. Is it possible ti implement such an equation? Do I have to
pass through a circuit formulation?

Any kind of reply will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,

Nicola Chiodetto