[Getdp] Current constraint with cohomoloy when conductors are in parallel

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Thu Dec 8 13:39:37 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

I face a problem with GetDP when trying to express a constraint on the total current flowing through two conductors in parallel. Simplifying, I am considering a 2D model with two cross-sections of conductors within an air box. The total current flowing through the conductors is set as constraint but the repartition between the two is not (if the cross-sectional area or the resistivity different, one conductor will carry more than the other). To simulate this, I use the magnetodynamical H-Phi formulation. I know how to use cohomology to set a constraint on the total current flowing through one conductor but I did not find how to combine them by pairs to rather set the constraint on the sum. Would anyone have an idea on how to proceed ?

Best regards,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>