[Getdp] zip getdp solution files

David Colignon david.colignon at ulg.ac.be
Thu Dec 15 22:15:54 CET 2016

On 15/12/16 14:02, m.schoening at e-und-a.ch wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> is there a "build in" way to work with zipped solution and mesh files instead of the "standard" text files? I experience performance issues
> running getdp on several cluster nodes, which all write their results on the same nfs network share.
>
> Additionally, it would be very helpfull, if gmsh could read such zipped or binary files directly for postprocessing.

Hi,

ace35:~ > ./getdp/BUILD/getdp --help

GetDP, a General environment for the treatment of Discrete Problems
Copyright (C) 1997-2016 P. Dular and C. Geuzaine, University of Liege
Usage: ./getdp/BUILD/getdp [file] [options]
Processing options:
   -pre 'Resolution'         pre-processing
   -cal                      processing
   -pos 'PostOperation(s)'   post-processing
   -msh file                 read mesh (in msh format) from file
   -gmshread file(s)         read gmsh data (same as GmshRead in resolution)
   -gmshtag tag(s)           tag(s) associated to GmshRead data
   -restart                  resume processing from where it stopped
   -solve 'Resolution'       same as -pre 'Resolution' -cal
   -split                    save processing results in separate files
   -res file(s)              load processing results from file(s)
   -name string              use string as generic file name
   -adapt file               read adaptation constraints from file
   -order num                restrict maximum interpolation order
   -cache                    cache network computations to disk
Linear solver options:
   -solver file              specify parameter file (default: solver.par)
   -'Parameter' num          override value of solver parameter 'Parameter'
Output options:
   -bin                      create binary output files

And from http://getdp.info/doc/texinfo/getdp.html:

GetDP can also read more recent versions of the ‘msh’ format (2.0 and above), as well as binary meshes. See the Gmsh documentation for more
information about these formats.

Regards,

Dave

--