[Getdp] magnetodynamics with BH nonlinearity

Ruth Vazquez Sabariego ruth.sabariego at kuleuven.be
Fri Mar 2 07:03:13 CET 2018

Dear Vadims,

The inductor case does not work if you combine nonlinearity and frequency domain.
The nonlinear bh-curve should be adapted, you need an effective nonlinear magnetic curve.

This can be done by applying an effective energy or average effective energy method.
Have a look, e.g. at:
Gerhard Paoli, Oszkár Biró, and Gerhard Buchgraber. “Complex representation in nonlinear time harmonic eddy current problems,” Magnetics, IEEE Transactions, vol. 34.5, pp. 2625-2628, 1998.

This feature is not yet available in GetDP. It is still in our TODO list.

Best regards,
Ruth

—
Prof. Ruth V. Sabariego
KU Leuven
Dept. Electrical Engineering ESAT/Electa, EnergyVille
http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/electa
http://www.energyville.be