[Getdp] Curved Timoshenko beam deformations

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Tue Apr 28 16:01:32 CEST 2020

Dear GetDP user,

Recently, I have been trying to compute the deformations of a planar curved beam subjected to an in-plane transverse lineic force density. The beam cross-section is rectangular and its trajectory follows a quarter of a circle with a given radius. One end of the beam is fixed and the other one is free to move. The beam is subjected to a constant outward lineic force density. I am (for now) interested in the deformations of the beam in the static case. The computations are based on Timoshenko's equations for curved beams and also drawing inspiration from the wrench.pro example coming with GetDP. The enclosed files show the current development state of my model. The results I get are sadly not consistent with a benchmark case that was run in 3D in a commercial software. I am out of ideas regarding the source of the issue, that is why I am turning to this mailing list. I would welcome any feedback on the model !

Sincerely Yours,

Guillaume Dilasser