Gmsh query [PC]

N. Sukumar suku at tam9.mech.nwu.edu
Thu Aug 26 19:19:20 CEST 1999

Christophe,

Hi!  We're using gmsh [am working with Nicolas Moes], and would
appreciate if you c'd answer a GMSH query. Just got the new
PC version of gmsh from Jean-Francois and am not sure how the
Physical Defs. need to be changed.

For example, in the HP-version I used,
Physical Surface(900) = {22,24,14,16,18};
Physical Volume(1000) = {26};

I changed the above to:

Physical Surface(900) = {14};
Physical Surface(901) = {16};
Physical Surface(902) = {18};
Physical Surface(903) = {22};
Physical Surface(904) = {24};
Physical Volume(1000) = {26};

In the dat file, I appropriately changed the surfaces on which the BCs
are imposed. The Zone [Phy. Volume] is giving problems. e->Zone = 99999
for all elements (and not 26 or 1000)? I managed to run the problem
by setting Zone = 99999 in the dat file. However, would like to know
the right definition for the Physical Volume [and also Physical Surface
in case it is not right] in the geo file for the PC version---especially
when there are more than one volume to be defined as Physical, such
as the equivalent command for Physical Volume(1000) = {26,27,28,29}
[HP-version] in the geo file for the PC version.

Thanks for the help.
-suku.

N. Sukumar                                     Home Phone: (847)491-1522
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow                  Work Phone: (847)467-2401
Theoretical & Applied Mechanics                FAX       : (847)491-4011
Northwestern U, Evanston IL 60208              E-mail: n-sukumar at nwu.edu
WWW: http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~suku/home.html      *GO BLAZERS*

"It's morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money."
-- Canada Bill Jones