GMSH

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jan 26 09:52:13 CET 2000

HOLMGREN at BrandonU.CA wrote:

>  Dear Dr. Geuzaine,
>
>  I have recently downloaded the GetDP and GMSH programs for Linux and Windows
> that your group has developed.  I'm hoping to use GetDP to generate plots for
> a course on electricity and magnetism that I am teaching here.
>
>  I do have one question concerning GMSH for Windows: what other libraries
> does this program require?  I could not decide this from what I saw at the
> GMSH web page.  I apologise if I am not approaching the right person for this
> information.

Hi,

The only library GMSH requires is the OpenGL dll. Unfortunately, the
Windows version seems to be very buggy, and even unable to read the
post-processing files coming from GetDP. Could you e-mail my colleague
(remacle at scorec.rpi.edu) for more info about this?

If you only need a tool for post-processing, some collegues successfully
use Matlab, Mathematica or Excel for displaying results obtained with
GetDP under Windows.

Best regards,

--
Christophe Geuzaine