Windows gmsh

Evans evans at gte.net
Sat Aug 5 19:40:12 CEST 2000

Christophe,

I am looking over the gmsh code.  I have one question.  GetDP is supposed to
handle "generic" problems, not just electromagnetism.  I want to model a
piezo-electric device which means that I require a *deforming* mechanical model
of the crystal with a coupled electromagnetic model of the current on the
metallization.  Can GetDP handle the mechanical deformations?

The last Gmsh build for windows that I have is called by three different version
numbers.  When it launches, 1.0.0.  When one enters, the window says 2.1.1.
When I click "About" I see 0.93.

This version is semi-stable but fails on all "//" comments which I therefore
wrote a program to transform into "/* */" comments.

Mainly right now I want to know about the piezoelectric problem and mechanical
deformations.

Sincerely,

Mark Evans